Thursday, April 5, 2007

Back 2 Back

Since the Florida Gators Basketball Team became the first "Back 2 Back" National Champion since Christian Laettner's Duke Squad back in the early 90's, I'll post a few "Back 2 Back" songs on albums of the past 2 years that I really seem to enjoy.

MP3's

Swan Lake - Beast Moans (2006)

4. A Venue Called Rubella
5. All Fires

The first of the two being the more experimental
...and the second being the godsend.


Dappled Cities Fly - Granddance (2006)

8. Granddance
9. Within Hours

Granddace is a good album as a whole but the
way the title track glides into the elegant and waving

'Within Hours' is almost flawless.


Loney, Dear - Loney, Noir
(2007)

1. Sinister In A State of Hope
2. I Am John

'Sinister' is pretty and poised,
and 'I Am John' is hands down
Song of The Year.


LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver (2007)

4. Someone Great
5. All My Friends

A little over two years ago I said "James Murphy
is making
the best music of today"
and he has not proven
me wrong.